Search :

Monday 9 February 2009

Kedareshwara Pooja ( 2008)

This is the puja(nombu), that is done in our family for years, during the time of diwali amavasai. My grandparents use to perform this puja and send the nombu thread posted to UK. But last year as my grandfather expired, we were told to take the nombu for rest of the up coming years.

This nombu is performed to LORD SHIVA. One of my mom's fav god. So on the year 2008, we did our first nombu offically. The day for so nice, that i was made to wear my traditional dress and my mom too dressed up in saree. All the puja items were washed, and decorated with flowers. Fruits and flowers were offered to God. As my dad kept reading the slogan and story, my mom came around the kalasam and offered flowers. The puja went very well, as per the procedure. My mom and dad were fasting till the end of the puja. It was totally a different experince for me and my parents.

A short NOTE :

This Nombu is also known as Naraka Chaturdashi(the day Narakasura was killed by Lord Krishna) Dhanalaxmi puja is also done on that day; some do instead dhanya laxmi puja; Kedareshwara vrita was performed by Gauri to obtain the half body of Shiva. When the pramatha gana brangiriti did the pradaxina for Shiva without including Parvati. Shiva explains on enquiry by her that those who know brahman have nothing to obtain from you hence they do not do the circumambulation. Parvati, in a huff of anger leaves the place and enters the forest. Encountering the sage Gautama she asks the sage a way to obtain the half body of Shiva. He asked her to perform Kedareshwar vrita. It starts from ashtami(8th day) and culminates on amavaasya day. In practice however, it is generally done on the last day. So it is the worship of Lord Shiva and the name is Kedareshwara vrita.All pujas call for some austerities like fast or semi-fast on fruits or milk or juices. There is no exception for this.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Hi friends, Its me trisa. This blog is all abt me and my family. I am sweet little girl, who keep my mom very busy. Bit naughty, messy and sweety. I love playing with my friends, and going out with my parents.